Please see the list of Career Opportunities for Genetic Counselors. Postings are in order that we received the request to post them with the most recent on top and any positions older than one year will be removed unless we are asked to re-post the position.
Posted Fall 2017
Requisition Number: 229470
This position exists to conduct genetic counseling for adult patients in the Riley at IU Health Maternal Fetal Medicine Department. The incumbent participates in student supervision and teaching. This position involves working as a member of the prenatal genetics/MFM team, providing information and support to families who have a fetus with or at risk for a congenital anomaly or genetic condition.
Must have Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling or Medical Genetics from an accredited genetic counseling program
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Requires Board Certification by ABMG/ABGC or Board eligible within one year of employment.
- Required to maintain a current Genetic Counselors license in the state of Indiana.
- Requires Masters degree in Genetic Counseling or Medical Genetics.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to work as a team member.
- Requires ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
- Requires ability to manage projects.
- Requires knowledge of software applications.
- Requires independent judgment.
IU Health University Hospital Get Directions
Maternal Fetal Medicine-PR 563850
Posted Spring 2017
Job Title: Counselor-Genetic/St. Mary’s Health System / Pediatrics GEneral 003 / PT Days, 64 hours Bi-Weekly
Job ID: 130087
IN – Evansville-St. Mary’s
Additional Job Information
Title: Counselor -Genetic
City, State: Evansville,IN
Location: St Mary’s Health System
Department: Pediatrics General 003
Additional Job Details: PT Days, 64 hours Bi-Weekly
Marketing Statement St. Mary’s Health, in partnership with St. Vincent in Indianapolis, is a member of Ascension Health – the nation’s largest Catholic and non-profit health system. We are a faith-based health ministry serving communities in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. With a medical staff of more than 750 physicians, St. Mary’s specializes in cardiac, surgical, orthopedic, rehabilitation, neurosciences, women’s, children’s, seniors, emergency, and trauma services. For more than 140 years, St. Mary’s has been guided by its mission of serving all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Job Description
The Counselor -Genetic provides genetic counseling to patients and counseling and coordination services for other screening programs.
- Provides counseling and psychological support to patients and their families.
- Interprets complex genetic and laboratory data/test results. Communicates findings with physician.
- Assists patients with navigation of financial aspects associated with genetic testing.
· Assists with diagnosing genetic problems and develops short and long term genetic counseling plans.
· Working knowledge of perinatal genetic counseling to expected mothers and pre-conception counseling specific to perinatal demographics.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Genetic Counselor Minimum Requirement: Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Medical Genetics and the American Board of Genetic counseling by hire date to position.
- Minimum Requirement: Master’s Degree from an accredited Genetic Counseling Program
How To Apply
Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication. These are the Core Values we uphold at St. Mary’s.
If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our team!
To view our job openings, visit www.stmarys.org/jobs
To apply for a position online, click the “Apply Now” button.
Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact Ascension Candidate Care at 1-855-778-6037 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST M-F.
The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
St.Vincent has an established reputation and tradition in the State of Indiana for providing excellence in patient care through our Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. Throughout St.Vincent, the ageless mission of St. Vincent de Paul remains unchanged: to minister to the bodies, minds, and spirits of those in need by keeping healthcare human. As one of the largest healthcare systems in the State of Indiana, our state-of-the-art technology, extraordinary associates, and Spirit of Caring can be found in healthcare ministries serving over half of Indiana’s counties. St.Vincent is a member of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest not-for-profit Catholic Healthcare System.
The Genetic Counselor provides genetic counseling to patients and counseling and coordination services for other screening programs. Responsibilities: Provides counseling and psychological support to patients and their families. Interprets complex genetic and laboratory data/test results. Communicates findings with physician. Assists patients with navigation of financial aspects associated with genetic testing. Assists with diagnosing genetic problems and develops short and long term genetic counseling plans.
Preferred Credential(s): Certified Counselor specializing in Genetics or Board eligibility obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Minimum Qualification: None
Required Education: Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling by hire date to position
Work Experience: Preferred experience as a Genetic Counselor